Burwell Carers arranges events every three months for carers who live in and around Burwell village in Cambridgeshire, UK.
Who are carers?
Carers look after family, partners or friends who are in need of help because of illness, frailty or disability. The care they provide is unpaid.
What do we do?
Recent activities have included:
- a summer barbecue
- a coach trip to Southwold in Norfolk
- a visit to a Christmas pantomime
- quiz evenings
- informative sessions such as reflexology or back care for carers.
In addition, we provide information about:
- equipment that is available
- carers' assessments and
- support that is available to carers.
There is a range of carers' information available at Burwell Surgery (see below for details).
There is a monthly drop-in/pamper session at the Trinity Church, High St, Burwell, usually every third Thursday, from 9.45am to 12.15pm. Carers can drop in for a coffee and a chat and a pre-booked pamper session. Please contact Janet Parker for further details.
Burwell Surgery is a carer-friendly surgery and the Group works with the surgery to ensure carers' needs are recognised.
- Sue Evans, tel: 01638 743 688
- Janet Parker, Burwell Surgery tel: 01638 741 234
- Burwell Carers email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Burwell Surgery, Newmarket Road, Burwell, Cambridgeshire, CB5 0AE
tel: 01638 741234,
Surgery website: www.theburwellsurgery.co.uk, (for surgery hours, etc)
location: on Streetmap.co.uk on GoogleMaps
- Disability Cambridgeshire advice and information service for disabled people and/or older people and their carers
website: www.disabilitycambridgeshire.org.uk (for contact information, location, drop-in times, etc)